Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Valentine Cards

I played around in my craft room making some Valentine things during my long New Year's weekend. I challenged myself to make some things with collections that aren't necessarily Valentine theme in nature. It's always fun to think out of the box.

I envisioned this first card while waiting to drift off to sleep one night. You know you are a bit craft-crazy when you plan cards instead of counting sheep. I used Dream Street papers "Nature's Poetry" collection. The papers are soft and romantic and includes chipboard. I used one of the chipboard elements for the center.






I used my Cricut to cut the series of hearts from various patterned papers. I placed them across the white cardstock, then stitched them in place. Next I ran the hearts and cardstock through the Cuttlebug and embossed them all together.

On this next card, I used Dream Street's Merry and Bright collection - yes, a Christmas collection. I thought the foilage with the touch of red would work great. The felt alpha's are from American Crafts, and the ribbon is from Stampin' Up.





For this tag, I used Dream Street's "Say It" Paper from Sam Collection, and the Just My Type Chipboard. I used white core cardstock and sanded it to reveal the white. The flower is American Crafts and the mini-alpha's are from Making Memories.





And the final project is a card using Just My Type Chipboard elements from Dream Street, chipboard flowers from Melissa Frances. I embossed the paper, then sanded the hearts to reveal the white.

I'm still brainstorming on what to make the kiddo's in my daughter's class at school. We had a blast making white chocolate lollipops last year, so I may do that again. If you have any goodie ideas, I'd love to see them. Post here and let me know.

Have a wonderful Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.

~melanie~

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

Great cards. you are very talented! love that xo one!
happy new year!