Thursday, January 21, 2010

Birthdays are..

Birthdays are fun!

It seems that alot of people I know have had birthdays in the past 3 weeks. In fact, hubby and I are going to a birthday party this weekend. Our friend be celebrating the 29th anniversary of his 21st birthday. Did I mess up your thinking?

I made a couple of birthday cards this weekend using some things from my Webster's Pages stash. The stash that I hoard because it's so beautiful that I just can't cut it up. Yeah - I know - I'm really working on that. For these cards, I used some journaling cards - journaling cards that I also hoard because they are so beautiful. But, like I said - I'm working on it. So, I decided to make the journaling cards into birthday cards.



I used a Melissa Frances rub on and the striped ribbon is a Hobby Lobby find. The butterfly was cut with the Cricut and Indie Art cartridge.



The top portion of the card is a journaling card. The patterned paper is Raspberry Truffle. The cordorouy button is from Imaginesce; Melissa Frances rub on.

And here's one card I made from the January Challenge at the Webster's Ning Message Board. The challenge was to use a technique you've never used before. I love felt flowers, especially the ones with the stitching around them. While going through my stash, I came across come Making Memories felt flowers - that I was hoarding by the way... and I decided to stitch around them with embroidery thread AND machine stitch the center of them.





Papers are Webster's Pages, Vintage Image is from Crafty Secrets.

Any big plans this weekend? Besides the birthday party, hubby will be watching the big football game and I'm sure I'll dream up something fun to cook for him - even if it's a dessert. That will make him happy. He'll be wearing his Saint's Tee-Shirt. I bought it for him a few weeks ago and told him he has to wear it for all the big games.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

~melanie~

3 comments:

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

Love all of these! Beautiful use of the journaling cards!!! Glad to know that I'm not the only horder! lol :)Cheri

Kristen Swain said...

wow- that top card is STUNNING! and the felt flowers are just adorable! what a pretty card!

Donna said...

beautiful cards, melanie, just beautiful.