Saturday, January 09, 2010

Trying new things

I had some extra time this week and tried some new things. One was a new Paula Deen recipe for stuffed canneloni. The verdict - good but alot of work (the stuffing part). The family loved it and I can now cross that off my list of unchartered territory in the cooking arena.

The other new thing I tried was the Color Challenge at the Moxie Fab World blog. The challenge was to use equivalent colors of Bazzill Basics Paper: Grape Delight, Mystique, Festive, and Pomegranate... and to ONLY use those colors. Here's what I came up with:





I used Papertrey Ink's new Blooming Button Bits stamp set, Worldwin Castata cardstock (Grey), Prism Papers Orange Cardstock, Patterned Paper from My Minds' eye, Bazzill Buttons and ink from Stampin Up!

I had so much fun using this stamp set, I made another quick card. On the topic of new things...this is also the first time for me to use Papertrey Ink's Stamper's Select White Cardstock. It's awesome! It's 110lb weight and I'll be back for more.



Supplies: Stamps and Cardstock from Papertrey Ink, Paper from Cosmo Cricket Early Bird, Ink from Stampin' Up! and buttons from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you've been inspired to try something new this week!

~melanie~

9 comments:

Kelly Panacci said...

Hi Melanie,
I love your "new things". I think I will try new things this week too!
Kelly

Theresa Tyree said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the love on my Christmas card! I'm glad you like it! I love your cards too. I'm a PTI nut myself!
The sparkly stuff is from SU! It's called Dazzlin Diamonds (102023). Isn't it 'dazzlin'? ha ha

Alicia said...

I adore your card. I love how you ran it through the pindot folder after the stamping!

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow what a stunning card!
Laura

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun buttons and dry embossing. Way to rock the Moxie Fab color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Charlene Austin said...

Serious CUTENESS!!! Don't you love it when you find those cute shaped button treasures amongst the package?

Karen B. said...

Like your use of textures and patterned papers, you've created a very beautiful card.

Lea L. said...

Both cards are wonderful! Love how you've used those stamps....they are awesome!! Great job with the Moxie Fab color challenge!

♥Lea

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Melanie! Thanks for entering the Jan/Feb 2010 Color Play Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)