Thursday, January 07, 2010

Tuesday Trigger Inspiration

Just trying to stay warm on this cold day in the south. Brrrrrrr!!!!

I've been trying to stretch myself in 2010. One area is to try more challenges and get out of the box. I decided to create something with this week's Tuesday Trigger from the Moxie Fab World blog. The challenge for me (who likes color and lots of it) was to pull from the color scheme and create something I'm happy with. I really enjoyed doing this and, even tho it took me a bit longer than normal because I had to find just the right elements.... I love the outcome.

Here is the trigger:


And here is my creation:



I used Basic Grey's Wassail paper "Sleigh Ride". (it's not just for Christmas!), Butterfly stamp from My Mind's Eye, Sentiment from Stampin Up, flowers, trim and other vintage finds to finish it.

It's not too late to play. Hop on over to the Moxie Fab World blog and stretch!


~melanie~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had trouble too....Because I like color!...You did a fantastic job on this card!! Love it!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful!
Laura

Maren said...

So pretty! Love that lace & beautiful flower. Thank you for playing!! :)

Karen B. said...

What a soft and pretty card, so very vintage and elegant. I like how you used a softer green too.

Laurel said...

Very pretty!

Sherry Wright said...

Oh, I must have that plate & your card is just beautiful. The V-day cards below are fab as well. Have a great weekend my friend. :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Melanie! What a beautiful approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)

Deb Rymer said...

Beautiful card. The lace and sheer ribbon along with the color scheme give it such a soft touch!