Thursday, January 21, 2010

Another Cosmo Cricket Sketch Challenge

I've really been loving doing online challenges and sketches and such. They keep me focused and motivated. Not to mention - it's fun.

I created another layout based on a sketch on the Cosmo Cricket Blog this week. Here's the layout.



I wanted to do a Valentine-ish layout maybe it's the little hearts in the sketch that planted the thought in my head, so I printed some photos of me and my hubby. And I thought of a song that I like and realized it would be the perfect title for a layout. After I got into the layout and to the journaling, I realized our anniversary was only 22 days away. (We got married on Valentine's weekend). Anyway - it was pretty cool once I got the page going - and yes - I did veer from the sketch a bit. But, the sketch is a starting point, right?



The other plus to working on this page was that I dove even deeper into my "things I love" stash. (Translation - things I hoard because it's beautiful) I confessed on my last blog post that I have a hoarding problem. So, I used Cosmo Cricket papers from Chemistry, Honey Pie and Girl Friday. Isn't it nice when different collections work together so well? The other supplies are Prima Crystals, Jenni Bowlin Bingo Card and ticket, Adornit Mini-Alphas and Creative Imaginations Alphas. I cut some of the butterflies from felt with my Cuttlebug. (I'm really loving butterflies again right now - you may be seeing them more.) The chipboard strip is from Making Memories.





So, enjoy your Friday! We're hitting a birthday party tonight, and then I'm cooking a big pot of gumbo for the Saints game Sunday. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by.

~melanie~

No comments: