Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Some Yummy Goodness


I have some yummy goodness... both the visual and the physical. Well, it will be visual until you actually make this for yourself. The first bit of yumminess comes from Papercrafts Magazine. The special publication is called PC Gourmet, and it's filled with recipes from soups and appetizers to main dishes and everything in between. This will make a wonderful Christmas gift for your papercraft buddy - so order before they are gone!

A little tidbit for you - I'm a contributor to this book and my absolutely fantastically wonderful recipe for Louisiana Gumbo is in this book. I can say that because my sisters were over for Christmas last year, and they didn't think I can cook. Well, who was asking who for the gumbo recipe??? You will WANT this book.

So today I'm happy to share a recipe with you! This recipe comes from Papercrafts Pro Alisa Bangerter.

Cheesy Garlic Drop Biscuits
Alisa Bangerter

This is a perfect recipe to pull out if you are short on time because there is no rolling or cutting. The cheese and garlic add extra kick to a plain biscuit, and kids love them. They are the perfect accompaniment to serve with soups or stews, and are great served with a salad.

INGREDIENTS

2 c. flour
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. butter or margarine
1 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1 1/4 c. milk
Chives (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Mix together dry ingredients. Cut in butter with pastry cutter until mixture is fine. Add cheese and mix well. Add milk and stir until just moistened. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Sprinkle top with chopped dried or fresh chives if desired. Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 15 minutes.

To accompany this recipe, Alisa has made this adorable project. I've included the supply list and instructions so you can make this, too. Just in time for Halloween!



Enjoy Halloween Tag
Designer: Alisa Bangerter

SUPPLIES: Cardstock: (ivory) Dye ink: (Black) Stewart Superior Corp.; (Summer Sun) Stampin’ Up! Specialty ink: (Mango Lemonade color wash) Stewart Superior Corp. Color medium: (black chalk) Craf-T Products Accents: (black brads) Making Memories; (chipboard bat, moon) Melissa Frances Fibers: (black striped ribbon) Pebbles Inc. Font: (Black Family) www.dafont.com Adhesive: (foam tape) Finished size: 3" x 4 1/2"

1. Make tag from cardstock. 2 Crumple tag and smooth out. Spray edges with color wash; let dry. Apply chalk. 3 Ink chipboard moon; let dry. Chalk edges and adhere. 4 Ink chipboard bat; let dry. Adhere with foam tape. 5 Print sentiment on cardstock; trim and tear edges. Chalk edges and adhere with foam tape. Attach brads. Attach ribbon with brad.

I can't WAIT to try this recipe and project. I hope you enjoy this. Thanks, Papercrafts and Alisa, for allowing me to share these with my readers.

And just a reminder, if you haven't checked out the Cupcardstogo gallery - it's a must see. The November kit ideas are awesome.

Here are a few of the cards I made with this kit. Papers include GCD Studios, Fancy Pants, and 7 Gypsies.




I'll share some more later. Enjoy your day!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Lisa Dorsey said...

Beautiful cards girl! You did a fab job with that kit!

Elizabeth said...

I love your cards, they are always so cute!!

Congrats on making it into the book as well!

Anonymous said...

Adorable cards Mel......and you know how I LOVE your gumbo!!

Anonymous said...

That's me....... anonymous....sorry.

Hilary Kanwischer said...

YOU SO ROCK my creative friend! YOUR cards were gorgeous! ;) Love your background you used in your photos too.

Suzy said...

Love your designs! Can't wait to get my kit! Thanks for sharing.