Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Fever and a peek

Is there such thing as fall fever? Do people do fall cleaning? I feel like I need to clean out my paper stash, but, the thing is, I really want to use what I have. So, I decided to trick myself into producing some creative mojo to get some things cranked out. Here's what I did.

I went through my stash and looked for coordinating papers, being sure to mix brands. Then I cut the papers into 6x6 quarters. Next I pulled out coordinating ribbon and whatever else would work. And viola, I had a card kit ready for use. Here's what I made yesterday, just for fun.



This baby card uses a mix of Prima Muse, Scenic Route and KI Papers. The ribbon is Piggy Tales, die cut heart is from Fancy Pants and the rub ons are One Heart, One Mind.

The miss you card uses Tinkering Ink and American Crafts papers.


I just love the bright greens in this birthday card. The green paper is Luxe Designs. The floral paper is Tinkering Ink and the plaid is American Crafts. The sticker is from Bazzill.



One more card using bits and pieces of leftovers. The papers are Sassfrass Lass and Scenic Route. I cut the flower from a dictionery sheet using the technique posted here from Katja Lampert. My flowers don't look near as fluffy as hers, but it's a great technique.

I hope I've inspired you to do some fall cleaning - cleaning out the stash and transforming it into something creative. If you do, let me know.

Now - on to something fun and exciting - especially for you fellow cardmakers. Have you heard of the new card kit club called CupCardsToGo? I have some sneak peeks of some things I made with the very first kit! This November kit will be available in about a week and let me tell you - I absolutely devoured it! Here are a few peeks.





Oh and some other good news! I made my first etsy sale last week - only 2 days after I opened my store. That was really encouraging.

Now, I need to decide if I want to actually do some fall 'spring cleaning', or more creative stuff. Gosh, maybe I can do both. Have a wonderfully creative day!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Lisa Dorsey said...

So many gorgeous cards girl!!! Love them all.

Miki said...

What a great idea making little card kits. Love the idea of cutting larger papers into 6x6...I think I might try that with some older stuff to see if it will be more tempting to use. Love your cards!

Sherry Wright said...

What a great idea, awesome cards!

T said...

First Off I too think I have "fall fever" and want to clean. I love your cards and the idea with the cutting larger papers down to 6 x 6I think I just might just have to give that a try. It would work great with my stash of partly used pieces of larger pieces.

Hilary Kanwischer said...

I LOVE em ALL!!! Gorgeous Meli! :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

omgosh those cards are just darling! I love that newspaper flower, how clever!! Oh and yup...fall cleaning for me too!!
xxoo
Wendy

Annette said...

What cute cards and I love the sneak peaks of the other ones.

Andrea Amu said...

Beautiful cards here, Melanie!

HeatherC said...

Beautiful cards Mel! I always enjoy looking at your work.

~Nancy~ said...

Hey there girlie.. love love love what you did with your scraps.. such a great fall cleaning.. you definitely inspired me to do the same this weekend.. just can't wait to create just for fun and just for ME.. hehe.. And love the sneakies of what you did with the kit!!!! Have a great weekend! XOXO

Stampin' Meg said...

What a great idea- But I wouldn't be able to make a card once I pulled all the elements I'd have to dive right in!