Monday, October 27, 2008

Orange, Brown and Green

Orange, brown and green. Golden, copper and rust.... don't you just love fall colors!! My parents drove up to Canada 2 weeks ago - they thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the fall foilage along the way. I wish I could have been there with my camera... although it would have taken me two weeks to arrive at the border because of all the stopping for photos. Anyway - the day before they left to come back, my mom called to tell me it was snowing! That was last Tuesday. They got home Friday and when I asked about the ride back, she said "All the leaves were gone". Wow - that fast.

Well - here in the south, we haven't really had "fall" yet. LOL. But having to put on a light jacket in the mornings and evenings is one step closer. It was beautiful this week, so we took a spur of the moment trip to the pumpkin patch.. which is in fact actually a huge lawn next to a church scattered with pumpkins imported from Mexico. Now, I'm thinking....okay, so why is it we can't grow pumpkins around here, but they grow in Mexico? Isn't Mexico hotter than Louisiana?

Anyway- I just love my new camera. As always, I never think I take enough pics, but my family thinks otherwise. At least I won't make them go back for another take. I couldn't wait to play with my photos and scrap a few of them.





This page uses Scenic Route papers, actually from 3 different lines: Sonoma, Laurel and Sumner. Don't you just love that you can mix up the lines and they coordinate. The chipboard flowers are also Scenic Route and the stickers are from Basic Grey.

My little miss has been going to the pumpkin patch since she was 20 months old. I remember her first trip to the pumpkin patch so well. We let her ride around in the wagon and run all over the place. And when we left, we rode her to the car in the wagon. She didn't know we were leaving until we picked her up and put her in the vehicle - that's when the waterworks started. Here's a photo of her during that first trip.


And here she was last week.



I used my October Studio Calico kit for this page. The papers are all Sassafrass Lass.

Don't forget to check out CupCardsToGo! Today is the reveal day! Here are a couple more sneak peeks until then.




Have a wonderfully colorful Fall day!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Oh your peeks are GORGEOUS!!! ;) I just love em. :) How beautiful is that pumpking patch family layout too...looks like an old quilt and I LOVE that. :) Beautiful Melanie. :)

Fink said...

Pretty colors you chose! Great stuff!

joybear said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!! And I love the two pictures of Little Miss..time really does fly!

Elizabeth said...

I love your stitched layout of your family! That is just too cute!!