Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy all the day long

I should say "happy all the week long". I've gotten goodies of all kinds this week. Today I got an e-mail from Meredith who has an Etsy store at MaggieSueDesigns. She was welcoming me to Esty and asked if she could feature me on her new blog, which welcomes new Etsy Shops. Check out here blog at Maggie Sue's Designs Blog. Thanks, Meredith. I'm extremely honored.

Well, yesterday was a really fun mail-day. I won a prize from Hilary, and it came yesterday. It was the Celebrate the Holidays publication from Scrapbook Trends and Oh My - it's full of wonderful goodness! And thanks, Hil for the adorable jar full of candy corn!

I also received another wonderful mail surprise. Kim Hughes sent me the Birthday Bash stamp set that she designed for Cornish Heritage Farms. I had a blast staying up late playing with those stamps. Want to see what I made?


These cards us papers from Fancy Pants' Sweet Spring collection.


These cards use papers from Piggy Tales' Tortoise and the Hare collection. So fun for these birthday stamps. I used markers, gel pen and glitter on the cupcake.

This last card uses Pink Paislee paper. I confess, I'm a hoarder. I've had these papers for months and just couldn't cut into them. But since I did a layout a few weeks ago - it was easier to use the scraps. I just love this red floral paper.

Oh - and I have to give you a "psssttt". I really don't want to, but they asked me to. Webster's Pages has a giveaway on their blog. A really nice giveaway. And one that I really, really, really want to win. I can wish extra hard because it's my birthday month, right? I'm wishing really hard. But anyway - if you love their stuff... check out the new collection they are giving away...because when I win this collection you will be drooling over the creations I make.

And last but not least - have you noticed the new link in my sidebar of scrappy places?? If you like cards, you will want to know about this new kit club coming soon. It's called CupCardsToGo and it's as yummy as it sounds! Check it out.

So - whew! That's it for the day. It might be it for the week. We'll see. But I will be back as soon as I make my first Etsy sale. I did have an inquiry which I thought would be a sale by now - but I'm still waiting. Have a wonderful day!!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Sonda T said...

well how fun is that!! Your own Etsy shoppe! YAY!! Love your cards...especially the cupcake with all the shimmer..hee hee Thanks for the link as well. ;) Hugs!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh that is all DELICIOUS!!! I too adore the Pink Paislee papers you used....and that stamp set..cute!!!

Fink said...

Great cards! Love the stamps you used!

~Nancy~ said...

Woooowww.. all kinds of good things this week.. YAY!!!! Love your cards.. and love what you did with the stamps.. so cool!! thanks for sharing sweetie! XOXO

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Awesome! Definately sounds like a fun mail day. :) I too, just got my cupcards box and tore right into it. :) Love the cards you made with the new Kim Hughes...you are pure talent!! :)

Unknown said...

Hey there Melanie! How are ya??
Looks like you've been a busy girl (as always! ;))
Lucky you to get to play with all those goodies!!
Gorgeous work too!

Kim Mraz said...

your cards are FABULOUS!!!
love them all :)

Julie Overby said...

Ah Melanie...we hoard the same paper! LOL!!

Your cards are just awesome. Those are some adorable stamps alright!

Thanks for your sweet comment.

Fink said...

Cute cards! Boy Kim sure spoiled you!