Monday, March 08, 2010

Fabric Flowers and Texture

I played with texture a bit this weekend in between hosting a birthday party at my home and house cleaning. I was rummaging through some of my older kit club finds and came across this fabric flower. Yes - I was hoarding a fabric flower. I was also hanging onto some felt Heidi Swapp butterflies. After uttering "thou shalt be used" (well, I really didn't say that) I ended up with this:






Supplies: Bazzill cardstock, (used cricut to cut the scalloped white card), baby yellow chenille, fabric flower and brad (kit club), yellow ribbon (Bo Bunny), patterned paper for leaf (Cosmo Cricket), felt butterflies (Heidi Swapp), red alpha letters (Adornit).

It's going to be a very busy week. Gotta help manage the office while the boss is out of town which means I won't get my two off days to create with this week. I'm sad when I'm not creating, but maybe I can sneak into my scrap room if I'm not too wiped out in the evenings. Have a great Monday!


~melanie~

3 comments:

Kristen Swain said...

i am LOVIN' your cards- you are just making the CUTEST stuff Melanie!! gorgeous flower card!

Unknown said...

Oh m'gosh!!! LOVE this!

(-: Heidi

Christine said...

Oooh! I love this card! The fabric flower is fabulous, and the chenille adds such wonderful texture to this project!