Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Friday and a NEW painting!

I'm heading out to the big easy next week. Beignets at Cafe Dumonde, eating dinner on the balcony watching the horse and buggy and shopping quaint shops on Magazine Street. I can't wait. The street I'm staying on is loaded with art galleries. I'll come back with so much inspiration!

This is what has kept me busy this week. It's for a collector and it's going to hang in their apartment in the French Quarter. Someone asked me if this was me in the painting (since I own a dachshund) - so I guess the secret is out, huh. (wink).





This painting, "Mardi Gras Night" is 24" x 30" - which is why it took most of the week to complete. I'm working on another doxie painting now, and when that is finished I'm getting back to paper and scissors for a different kind of fun!

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!

~melanie~

No comments: